12-15, Shiba Daimon 1-Chome, Minato, Tokyo
President and Representative Director Masao Tsuru
NOK CORPORATION (hereinafter referred to as “NOK”) recognizes the importance of information that can identify a specific individual (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) and complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations regarding its protection. In order to ensure that NOK’s services can be used with peace of mind, Personal Information is thoroughly controlled in accordance with the following policy.
1.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
NOK will obtain Personal Information through legal and fair means and use it only to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use described in the attachment. If NOK intends to use Personal Information for purposes other than those for which notice has been given, it will give prior notice to the user concerned in an appropriate manner and obtain their consent before doing so.
2.Protection of Personal Information
NOK will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent unauthorized access to, loss, destruction, alteration, or leakage of Personal Information provided by users.
In taking the above measures, NOK will comply with relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, etc., and implement “human and organizational safeguards” and “physical and technological safeguards” as follows.
- Human and organizational safeguards
In addition to appointing a designated officer responsible for the management of Personal Information, NOK has established internal rules for safety management and has drawn up safety management policies to be followed by its employees. In addition, each department periodically conducts an inventory of all Personal Information in its possession and checks the status of its handling. Employees are regularly trained in the handling of confidential information, including Personal Information.
- Physical and technological safeguards
NOK places restrictions on the persons authorized to access Personal Information (such as measures to immediately disable the accounts of employees who have transferred or retired), monitors access to Personal Information (such as through long-term storage of access logs), and controls access to and from rooms. In addition, NOK implements timely and appropriate measures to restrict the means by which Personal Information is taken off its premises (such as by limiting the use of USB devices and monitoring emails to and from external parties) and to prevent unauthorized external access to Personal Information.
- Assessment of the external environment
When storing Personal Information on the cloud or servers located overseas, NOK implements security control measures after assessing the systems in place for the protection of Personal Information in each country.
In order to ensure the proper execution of NOK’s business activities, some or all of its operations are contracted to third parties. Personal Information may be provided to these third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of its use. In such cases, NOK will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the contractor to ensure that the Personal Information, etc. provided to the contractor is managed in a secure manner.
4.Joint Use of Personal Information
NOK may engage in joint use of Personal Information such as name, address, contact information (telephone number, e-mail address, etc.), place of employment, and opinions and questions submitted by users with NOK’s domestic group companies, overseas group companies*, distributors, etc. to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use for which notice has been given to the user concerned. In the case of joint use of Personal Information with parties other than NOK’s domestic group companies, overseas group companies, or distributors, NOK will first give notice of or publicly announce the items of Personal Information to be shared, the parties with whom the Personal Information will be shared, the purpose of use, and any other necessary details. Responsibility for the management of Personal Information during its joint use shall lie with NOK.
*Regarding the provision of Personal Information to overseas group companiesNOK has group companies in countries that are recognized as having a Personal Information protection system of a level equivalent to that of Japan (e.g., European Economic Area), and in countries that are members of APEC, where the APEC Privacy Framework has been established, or the APEC framework for cross-border personal information protection (CBPR system). Each company manages Personal Information in accordance with the laws and regulations concerning Personal Information protection in their respective countries. In some cases, NOK may engage in joint use of Personal Information with group companies located in third countries that do not have a Personal Information protection system of a level equivalent to that of Japan. In such cases, NOK will request the group companies concerned to manage Personal Information appropriately and ensure that this is done.
5.Disclosure or Provision to Third Parties
Other than contractors and parties with which NOK engages in joint use of Personal Information, NOK will not disclose or provide Personal Information to third parties without the consent of the user concerned.
However, in the following situations, Personal Information may be disclosed or provided without the consent of the user concerned.
- When required by laws and regulations
- When necessary for the protection of an individual’s life, well-being, or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user concerned
- When specifically required for improving public health or ensuring the healthy development of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user concerned
- When necessary for cooperating with the police, courts, or other public agencies in the performance of the duties prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the user concerned is likely to impede the performance of such duties
- When Personal Information is provided as a result of succession of business through a merger, etc.
- When otherwise required for reasons permitted under the relevant laws and regulations
6.Requests for Disclosure, etc.
When NOK receives a request for disclosure, notice of purpose of use, addition, correction, deletion, suspension of use, erasure, suspension of provision to a third party, etc. regarding Personal Information held by NOK, it will respond appropriately in accordance with the law after confirming that the person making the request is the user in question (or their representative).
To make any type of request, please follow the procedure below.
[Application Procedure]Please download and fill out the (1) Personal Information Disclosure Request Form below and send it together with (2) identification documents to the address in (3).
- Personal Information Disclosure Request Form (PDF)
- Identification documents (any one of the following)
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copy of passport
- Copy of basic resident register card with photograph
- A copy of a health insurance card or a copy of certificate of residence
- If the document shows the insurer number, code/number of the insured person, permanent domicile, or My Number, please black out the relevant information before sending the form.
If sending by the representative, please also include one copy of each of the following documents.
- Power of attorney (with seal and, if the representative is the legal representative of the individual concerned, a document that proves they are the legal representative)
- Certificate of seal impression of the seal affixed to the power of attorney
- Documents to verify the identity of the representative (the same as listed above for the individual concerned)
- 12-15, Shiba Daimon 1-Chome, Minato, Tokyo 105-8585 Legal Affairs Department, NOK CORPORATION
[Fees]A fee of 500 yen (including tax) will be charged for each request for “disclosure” or “notice of purpose of use.” Please transfer the funds to the account specified by NOK upon receipt of your request.
Please note that bank transfer fees are to be paid by the person making the request.
- If payment has not been made within two weeks after NOK has given notice of the bank account to which the money is to be transferred, it will be deemed that no request for “disclosure” or “notice of purpose of use” has been made.
The above provisions notwithstanding, in cases where the circumstances constitute reasons permitted under the relevant laws and regulations, it may not be possible for NOK to provide disclosure, etc., or alternative measures may be taken instead. In such cases, NOK will endeavor to explain the reasons to the individual concerned (or their representative).
7.Personal Information on Linked Sites
The NOK website may contain links to websites operated by other companies. Please refer to the privacy policies, etc. of the linked sites regarding their handling of Personal Information.
1. Cookies and Web Beacons
A cookie stores information about a customer’s visits to the Company Website on the customer’s computer or smartphone. A web beacon uses small pieces of image data embedded in websites and e-mails to record the date and time of a customer’s visit, the content of the customer’s visit, connection information, and access information such as cookies.
By using cookies and web beacons, websites can obtain information such as the pages accessed by customers and the number of times they have been accessed. Such information obtained by the Company Website, however, includes no personally identifiable information such as a customer’s name, phone number, or e-mail address.
2. Purpose of Using Cookies and Web Beacons
The Company Website uses the information obtained by cookies and web beacons for the following purposes. The information will never be used for any other purpose.
- Improve the Company Website through research and analysis of statistical access information
- Display customized websites and advertisements for customers
- Improve the quality of our company’s services by reflecting the obtained information in marketing activities
- Record preferences (e.g., languages used) and website behavior (login status)
- Google's use of information collected from websites and applications that use Google services
- Google Analytics Terms of Service
Adobe Marketo Engage
*Customers to be linked
- Those who have exchanged business cards with our sales representatives
- Those who have registered their personal information and attended our exhibitions
- Those who have registered their personal information to check product information or download documents on our website, etc.
However, customers to be linked are only corporate customers located in Japan that have already done business with us or may do so in the future.
4. Handling of Cookies on Linked Websites