Twin Green Plan
Formulation of Long-term Environmental Vision for 2030
NOK Twin Green Plan 2030
As climate change and energy issues have become increasingly serious problems, the Paris Agreement entered into force to combat global warming and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted by the United Nations. In line with such global initiatives, NOK has formulated the NOK Twin Green Plan 2030 to promote our environmental conservation activities for a sustainable society.
Through measures for environmentally friendly production, we will reduce CO2 emissions from factories by 30% from the FY2018 level.
- We will develop production facilities that will reduce energy consumption by 20% compared with the existing ones.
- We will actively promote the use of renewable energy.
- We will strive for waste reduction and a 100% recycling rate.
- We will work on reducing water use and ensure cleaner wastewater.
- We will thoroughly oversee and reduce the use of hazardous chemicals in processes.
We will promote the development of products that will contribute to next-generation environmentally friendly technologies.
- We will develop products that contribute to the spread of next generation energy-saving technologies such as fuel cells.
- We will contribute to the reduction of environmental impact by developing low friction technologies that will make low fuel consumption possible.
- We will develop functional membranes that will contribute to water recycling (hygienic water supply and circulation).
- We will thoroughly control chemical substances in our products and improve their environmental quality.